x

#{title}

#{text}

Forums » MK802 » Development » MK802 guides and images

Pages:
Miniand Admin

We will be keeping a list of guide links here to our forums and to external websites. Please reply if we have missed a guide, or if a guide has become updated or outdated.

Current

Guides

Images

Outdated

Since I bought my device, I tried to connect it to my PC with the bundle USB cable. The power supply works, but not ADB or MTP connection. Then I've tried to change the cable, using a shorter,high quality one and it worked. I saw in the net a lot of people compaining about this, so I bet it would be a cool article/guide. Even if this solution doesn't work, you can always use ADB over wifi (maybe using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ryosoftware.adbw&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5yeW9zb2Z0d2FyZS5hZGJ3Il0.). So, I definitely think you have to write a really short article about this ;)

Miniand Admin

Hi Octacon, I didn't know using a different cable enabled ADB! Do you have a link to somewhere showing these sorts of cables or where to buy them?

In reply to Otacon
gxs

Any USB cable works as long as it has all the required pins and not just the ones for charging.

My stock Samsung cable as well as a no-name cheap cable work. The only special thing you have to do is wait a little for the device to boot itself and install appropriate drivers like the ones you have in your usb driver folder of live suite.

In reply to Miniand

I've waited for hours and the device doesn't connect, even android was not saying "USB DEBUGGIN ENABLED". If you take,for example, a 50 meters usb cable, maybe you cannot even transfer power to your device! Indeed, if you take a mp3 player, usually, you get a SHORT USB cable, to have a good transfer rate with low errors. Another thing that could give problem is cable bending. If you bend a lot an USB cable and its plastic isolation is too weak, then you get no connection or a lot of transfer errors.

Sorry for my bad english, I hope you've understood what I said.

However the cable I'm talking about is this: http://static.trustedreviews.com/94%7c4ff814%7cce2d_9925-img5607s.jpg

[OT] There is a new firmware for this little device @ rikomagik.com http://www.rikomagic.com/En/download.asp If you can download it (download stops frequently), please share it through dropbox or any service :D [OT]

In reply to gxs

http://115.com/file/be9cc5rt#

Here is the FW Otacon mentioned.

Just click the green button in the middle.

In reply to Otacon

Someone said that it is not a new firmware: they've changed only the upload date. Please confirm after download and, if it's new, please share it with torrent or something else!

In reply to PeterPan
bbq

Yes, I already checked that link to 115.com and upload date was almost a month ago:

2012-06-08 16:12:04

Definitely not what we expected so please forget about it.

Miniand Admin

Also confirmed by comparing checksums of the firmware, indeed the same file.

In reply to bbq

Hi there guys, I've received a mail reply from Rikomagik. I know that this mail is really funny: I am italian and Rikomagic is chinese...so there are a lot of incomprehensions...but there are good news on the way. You can download the mail from here I hope that those infos are useful to someone: i don't want to spam this forum!!!

Notice: there are some questions made by Rikomagik that I replied in a new mail (not included in this PDF)!!!

In reply to Miniand

Someone said that it is not a new firmware: they've changed only the upload date. Please confirm after download and, if it's new, please share it with torrent or something else!

Right I have had many discussions with the manufacturer, there is definitely no new firmware, that is expected in about 3 weeks.

In reply to Otacon

I wondered if it was worth including the ALIP armhf image here too? http://dl.miniand.com/toby_corkindale/linaro-alip-armhf.7z

Miniand Admin

I wondered if it was worth including the ALIP armhf image here too? http://dl.miniand.com/toby_corkindale/linaro-alip-armhf.7z

Yeah good idea, added to the list.

In reply to Toby Corkindale

hi guys, i bought mk802, after try android i would install linux. I've download all versione post in this thread, but never of this version work correctly. I've an mk802 1G, use de dd command on macos.

• xubuntu : start but freeze after 30 sec
  • ubuntu : monitor detect hdmi input but screen remains black
  • lubuntu (1080): start but freeze after 5 min
  • linaro: start but monitor doesn't deted signal

i've test lubuntu-rikonomagicuk, it start bat monitor doesn't detect signal

i'have 2 microsd kingston 4gb, i've tried in both. to flash i use the following command: sudo dd if=xubuntu-desktop-12.04-1-miniand.com.img of=/dev/disk2 it works perfectly.

thanks in advance andrea

In reply to Miniand
Miniand Admin

Hi andrea, does Android work properly on the system? Also after you run dd, try running sudo sync to make sure the write buffers are cleared before ejecting the device from your computer.

In reply to raaden

Hi!! yes, android work perfectly (slow but work), yes after run dd i use sudo sync how can i do? thanks andrea

In reply to Michael

Hi guys! I've search for a minimal linux image (without gui), but i never find. Can you create one please? I've tried all version posted but it doesn't work or it freeze thanks Andrea

In reply to raaden

You're always going to need some type of GUI for the MK802, since you can't set up the wifi password without it. There's no "console" that's accessible to the user (at least not without cracking the case and finding the UART pins). Perhaps someday there will be a text-mode driver for the HDMI out like we have for Intel PCs running linux, but not today.

Oh, and by the way, you don't need to run sync to flush anything when writing to a block device with dd; block device writes don't go through the file system cache; however, you do have to wait a few seconds after dd finishes for the underlying flash device to complete its erase/write cycle.

As for me, I just received my MK802 yesterday and had no problems getting the lubuntu build running on it (512MB version, so I'm running the 720p build). I did notice that the droidmote command in rc.local doesn't return; it should be run in the background so other commands added to rc.local will run and also so rc.local will exit and the calling shell's resources returned to the system.

Pat

In reply to raaden

Hi Pat, thanks for reply, do you think that the problem should be the monitor? i've this http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?slg=en&scy=gb&ctn=246EL2SBH/00

thanks to help me Andrea

In reply to patwood

Yes, it could be the monitor. I've only managed to the 720p lubuntu working on one of four different monitors and TVs so far. Symptoms: no picture at all (2 TVs with HDMI inputs) or a login screen but then no picture a few seconds after I log in (probably something in the X drivers switching a video mode during the login process; this happens on a Samsung monitor with an Apple HTMI->DVI converter plug). Works fine on another Samsung with direct HDMI input on the monitor.

I've noticed other problems with HDMI input on some TVs using Roku boxes and cable boxes. Some just won't lock onto the HDMI signal; in one case, my Toshiba TV won't lock onto HDMI if the cable box is on channel 2 when the TV is turned on, but is fine with other channels and can also be switched to channel 2 after it's tuned to some other channel.

Also, on the Samsung with the DVI->HDMI converter, Android boots with a weird color scheme and also goes blank when I attempt to go into settings.

I'm still testing Android on the other monitors, and I still have one more TV with HDMI inputs to try. I'll keep you posted.

Pat

In reply to raaden
Pages: