x

#{title}

#{text}

Forums » MK802 » Discussion » XBMC for MK802 and Mini X - Miniand git builds

Pages:
Miniand Admin

XBMC for MK802 and Mini X

Now that XBMC has been released for Android, we have made a build from the git repository that works on the MK802 and the Mini X. We will be building new versions of XBMC every now and then, so keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Note that these versions are pre-release. Expect issues with the build.

http://i.imgur.com/9Xoich.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uEqDc.jpg

Video

Coming later.

Download

We no longer make builds of XBMC for Android, please see XDA thread for nightlies: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1813089

Instructions

• Download the APK to an SD card.
  • Insert the SD card into your MK802 or Mini X, use the file browser to navigate to the SD card and open the .apk file.
  • If a permissions dialog pops up blocking external application installs, choose remove ban.
  • Accept permissions prompt.
  • Launch XBMC from the app menu.

Known issues

• App can take a minute to load on initial launch.
  • Mouse clicking doesn't seem to work.
  • Direct keyboard alpha numeric entry doesn't seem to work, but arrow navigation works.
  • Hardware decoding only available on some devices. No hardware decoding on Mali400 devices such as the MK802 and Mini X.

Great News !!!

• Install is ok
  • First Start will take longer
  • I can with normal keyboard move with Cursor keys, but can not Enter a selection

So i can´t use this realy at the moment ?

In reply to Miniand

Great News !!!

• Install is ok
  • First Start will take longer
  • I can with normal keyboard move with Cursor keys, but can not Enter a selection

So i can´t use this realy at the moment ?

i have same issue, it installed ok and first boot took time like a minute but second start was fast something like 3 seconds, anyway the problem is mouse click doesnt work and also keyboards enter key also does not work so it is unusable at the moment but it's great breakthrough i think :-)

In reply to Wuschi6
Miniand Admin

We've got quite a few good hackers on the forum, so we might be able to help XBMC development by fixing bugs like this. These bugs are likely affecting many more devices than just the MK802 and the Mini X.

I'm diving into the source now, hopefully it's as small as checking for a wider range of input codes or some additional devices to get mouse clicks and keyboard entries to work.

In reply to Wuschi6

It appears to work well with touchscreen input. Your build works perfectly on my HTC One X (although the user interface was clearly designed for a larger screen):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56lzkBnCFqU

So it looks like something is getting lost in translation from taps to mouse clicks.

In reply to Miniand

If you create a special touch profile for xbmc it work with droidmote. only with touchprofile, because for now xbmc support only touch events from internal touch screen. not from keyboard, not from mouse, not from external multitouch touchpad. just modify the code to accept touch events also from external touch and we can start using it with droidmote. if you want test with droidmote, go in setting / developer options / show touch create a generic touch profile that cover all the screen and put it in the sdcard of your phone play with xbmc

In reply to bradlinder
Miniand Admin

We've just managed to get a video going on a Mini X and at the moment only software decoding is implemented, so high quality videos run quite slowly at the moment. This is most probably due to lack of support for Mali400 at the moment.

In reply to zulu99

i confirm, same for me on mk802

In reply to Miniand

FUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YA! lol, now if only we can only get a keyboard and mouse working I can set this thing up how its supposed to be, I doubt any videos will playback that smooth tho until we get hardware decoding for xbmc =| but still!

is there a way you can enable the web remote interface through a config file or something? I just tested the web interface on an android phone and it works fine so for now we can use that to control xbmc on mk802 if we can enable it outside of xbmc

is there a way you can enable the web remote interface through a config file or something? I just tested the web interface on an android phone and it works fine so for now we can use that to control xbmc on mk802 if we can enable it outside of xbmc

you need to edit the guisettings.xml file. change the remoteaskeyboard tag to true instead of false. the file is in Anfroid->Data->org.xbmc.xbmc->files you can use xbmc remote app in your android mobile or tablet to control

Been able to get XBMC on my Mk802 to work by using the official XBMC remote controller via my tablet/phone.. Had to change a few lines in the 'guisettings.xml', under 'services', to get this running straight off. (What is mentioned in a previous post above this was incorrect for this procedure)

I am left scratching my head as the video @ http://xbmc.org/theuni/2012/07/13/xbmc-for-android/ shows it being demoed on XIOS DS.. which is no different to a sumvision mini cyclone. Both devices use the 'Mali-400' gpu just like the Mk802 does. So why don't we have smooth playback?

This shows so much promise.. Being the owner of a Raspberry Pi, I can already see this will kick OpenELEC's ass... everything about addons, etc, already run a lot better.. just the video needs to be sorted (yes and mouse and keyboard input) and we are laughing.

Great work.. just that last little bit needs sorting ;)

Can we expect lirc support too? no xbmc installation is complete without a cheap MCE remote :)

We're did you find the guisetting. Xml file on Android? I am in root then we're

In reply to KEgg

Been able to get XBMC on my Mk802 to work by using the official XBMC remote controller via my tablet/phone.. Had to change a few lines in the 'guisettings.xml', under 'services', to get this running straight off. (What is mentioned in a previous post above this was incorrect for this procedure)

I am left scratching my head as the video @ http://xbmc.org/theuni/2012/07/13/xbmc-for-android/ shows it being demoed on XIOS DS.. which is no different to a sumvision mini cyclone. Both devices use the 'Mali-400' gpu just like the Mk802 does. So why don't we have smooth playback?

This shows so much promise.. Being the owner of a Raspberry Pi, I can already see this will kick OpenELEC's ass... everything about addons, etc, already run a lot better.. just the video needs to be sorted (yes and mouse and keyboard input) and we are laughing.

Great work.. just that last little bit needs sorting ;)

I have the guisettings.xml from my ATV2, but where the hell can I put this thing, im new to android completely and Idk if its even possible to ssh into this thing? Or what works to give me root access anyone got any tips? I went to Android->Data->org.xbmc.xbmc->files but there is nothing in there..

In reply to KEgg

Dunno if there is another location and you're looking at a copy, but it looks like you're in the right place. From the (internal) SD card. As root.

In reply to cyouth858

I figured it out, got everything working now as good as it can I guess lol def need some hardware decoding going on for the video, and im not sure what is going on with the audio but mp3 and m4a are pretty choppy for me

In reply to EnvyThisStuff

How did you get it working

In reply to cyouth858

Copied over the guisettings.xml from my apple tv 2 to the userdata folder and used xbmc commander on my iphone with the local ip address of the mk802 and username and pass from the xml then I had to forward port 8080 with the same local ip. None of the addons seem to be working though its a pretty rough build so far and will dev need some more polishing before anything can really be expected of it

In reply to dark.neo29

It appears to work well with touchscreen input. Your build works perfectly on my HTC One X (although the user interface was clearly designed for a larger screen):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56lzkBnCFqU

So it looks like something is getting lost in translation from taps to mouse clicks.

Agreed

In reply to bradlinder
Pages: